About Sports Info Solutions:
Pioneers in the Sports Data Industry
SIS was founded on the belief that decision making in sports could be improved and that we could help teams win more games through the use of better data, analytics, and technology.
That belief has been validated repeatedly since our founding in 2002 as we continue to revolutionize the way the game is played, both on and off the field.
Our mission is to enrich and optimize the decision-making process for sports teams, sportsbooks, and sports fans.
We are proud to be a leader in collecting, analyzing and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams across the MLB, NBA and NFL.
We are now doubling down on what’s made us successful by further advancing our data, technology, insights and partners as we drive forward the next innovations in Sports Data and Analytics.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for a new executive team member to fill a full-time position in our Baseball department as VP, Baseball.
The Candidate will be a critical team member driving the future product, research and operational direction of our baseball department. You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a talented, committed team. In your role, you’ll be interfacing with MLB teams, Sportsbooks, Major Media companies and other partners, understanding their needs and building products and operations that drive our partners and the sport of baseball forward.
This role is a remote position.
What you’ll do as VP, Baseball on the team at SIS:
Includes (but is not limited to):
- Be a thought leader within our organization with respect to baseball, driving a product roadmap as a major stakeholder
- Lead the Baseball Department, inclusive of Research and Operations, while interfacing with our other sport departments and leaders to ensure continuous sharing of knowledge and improvement of how we work
- Lead our operations unit to ensure the timely and accurate collection of data, along with associated metrics for MLB, MiLB and amateur baseball, NPB, and KBO
- Identify opportunities for improvement across all aspects of our baseball portfolio, working in conjunction with business development on sales and pricing tactics, working with product and engineering on product development and identifying 3rd party technologies that can be leveraged to improve our operation
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement, enabling growth within our baseball team members, leveraging their skills and passion to drive outsized return
- Identify key strategic partners / relationships and craft plans in association with the executive team to execute against those opportunities
Why work with SIS?
We believe in making sports better through data, analysis and insights. For that reason, we have an incredible team of technologists, scouts, analysts, and operators helping our partners win more games.
It is our ultimate vision to create an unparalleled platform of sporting data and insights, through best-in-class technology, products and partnerships.
We believe in a flexible, energetic, enjoyable working environment where we band together as teammates to do great things. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, working in a collaborative, team-centric environment.
If possess the following, you are well on your way to making an impact at SIS:
- Experience within baseball, either as part of a Major League Baseball team, Agency, Media entity or other organization with close ties to baseball
- Strong, natural leadership skills. Experience managing a team
- Ability to create, understand, and communicate complex data analytics
- Strong operational capabilities. You have experience ideating and executing against strategic initiatives in a timely manner, while ensuring the ‘table stakes’ work is handled efficiently
- Strong track record of creating and understanding innovative metrics within the sport of baseball
Nice to have, but not required qualifications
These skills will set you apart:
- Experience managing a distributed team, with both full and part time teammates
- Experience in an MLB Front Office as a Director / Assistant GM or greater level
- Understanding / experience of sports betting data and associated models
Ability to write and understand code in any programming language (R or Python preferred)
- Strong relationships in the baseball industry
SIS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SIS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, including intensive computer usage.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This is a remote position, with the ability to work in our Coplay, PA office if desired.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now