Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for candidates to fill a full-time position in our R&D Department. The Football Research Associate will work remotely and contribute as a member of our R&D team, supporting various research initiatives.
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal football database as well as other notable data sets (NextGen, etc).
- Write articles and research pieces to be featured in SIS Research and Analysis, Sharp Football Analysis, and Stat of the Week, among other sports outlets.
- Design and develop dashboards and various analytical tools to directly support front office and field personnel.
- Prepare cutting-edge research for presentation in a professional setting, including sales presentations and conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help illuminate the value of SIS’s analytical products to prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for football. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary football/sports analytics, including first-hand research experience.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Substantive experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- Familiarity with R, Python, or another scripting language.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms is a plus.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Follow the link below to submit your application:Apply Now