By Cole Ratliff
Week 16 is upon us, and for most fantasy leagues this is championship week. Good luck to those who are in their league’s championship game. For those not competing for their league’s crown, there are still daily fantasy leagues with plenty of opportunities to win. I’ve done my research using SIS fantasy projections and other sources to come up with an optimal lineup for DraftKings. This lineup is used for the 11 games on Sunday and doesn’t include the three Saturday games:
DFS (DraftKings) Lineup: Sunday Games
- QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick – MIA – $6,000
- Fitzpatrick has scored 20-plus points in three of his last four games, and he is facing a Cincinnati defense that is in the bottom five in the NFL in total yards per game and total yards per play given up. With the addition of Fitzpatrick’s recent scrambling success (he leads the Dolphins in rushing!), he is a good QB play this week.
- RB: Austin Ekeler – LAC – $6,100
- When constructing this lineup, I started with Ekeler given his ability and relatively low salary. Ekeler has been a quality receiver out of the backfield this season in addition to his contributions in the running game. He leads all RBs in receiving yards and TDs, and is second in receptions. Along with that, the Raiders give up the most yards per passing play in the NFL.
- RB: Joe Mixon – CIN – $6,600
- Mixon is always a solid fantasy play as the No. 1 rush option in Cincinnati (he is fifth in rushing attempts in the NFL). Going against the second-worst rushing defense by yards per game, Mixon promises to get plenty of chances against the Dolphins.
- WR: Courtland Sutton – DEN – $6,200
- Sutton’s combination of small salary and big target share is enticing. Sutton and the Broncos are taking on the 31st-ranked pass defense in the Detroit Lions. Look for QB Drew Lock to target Sutton early and often.
- WR: Terry McLaurin – WAS – $6,200
- McLaurin is a big play threat coming off a 130 yard and 1-TD performance, and this week should be a continuation of that. With Dwayne Haskins continuing to improve, look for McLaurin to have a big day against the Giants.
- WR: Diontae Johnson – PIT – $4,700
- Johnson is my value play for this week. He is projected as a top-15 option at a salary of only $4,700. With Juju Smith-Schuster injured and ineffective, Johnson has stepped up as the primary target in Pittsburgh. He will get plenty of targets against an average Jets pass defense.
- TE: Jacob Hollister – SEA – $4,200
- Hollister is a value at the TE position. He is a touchdown-dependant option, but Arizona is the last ranked defense against the pass and against opposing tight ends, so Hollister could have a good day against a weaker defense.
- FLEX: Leonard Fournette – JAX – $7,200
- Fournette has been reliable all season in the run game, and he has been more involved in the pass game of late. I think he could be headed towards a big week against the Falcons. His projection has him getting him getting close to 30 touches, and I can see him finishing top 3 among fantasy RBs this week.
- DEF: Washington Defense – $2,800
- Defense is usually my last pick because of priority. The other position groups are more important and can yield more points. Washington looks to be a good play here because it is top-10 in both sacks and takeaways. If Daniel Jones starts, it could be good news for Washington as the rookie QB has committed 21 turnovers on the season.
- Total Salary: $50,000
I came in on the number on my salary this week. Given each player projections and opponents, this could be a big Week 16. I know everyone has different strategies when it comes to daily fantasy, but I like my approach this week of spreading out my salary to all positions instead of focusing my salary on two or three players. Good luck everyone and I look forward to seeing how this lineup plays out.
To purchase the SIS Fantasy Football projections for Week 16, go to this link.