Sports Info Solutions (SIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced
statistical study of baseball and football. Formerly, known as Baseball Info Solutions (BIS), the company's mission
is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball and football data, including cutting-edge
research and analysis, striving to educate professional teams and the public about analytics.
We started our football operation in 2015 and have seen exponential growth over the past three years. SIS employs a
staff of expert baseball and football scouts and an army of highly trained video scouts who conduct several passes
of each game, recording everything from basic box score data to more intricate data not seen in the box score.
Entry-Level Software Developer
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for candidates to fill a full-time entry-level position in our IT
Department. The candidate will develop new features and products as well as help maintain existing internal and
external products within a mature codebase. They will do so both individually and as part of a team, so a
commitment to collaborative development and problem solving is essential.
- Develop new features, applications and maintain existing applications and reports for use internally
and by SIS clients, including MLB and NFL coaches and front office staff.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Full life-cycle development.
- Web and/or API development in C# and ASP.NET, including ASP.NET Core.
- Windows application development in VB and C#.
- Correspond with clients, including MLB and NFL teams, agents, media companies, and others.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Self-motivated attitude.
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of baseball statistics and analytics.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework, including .NET Core.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with design, development and administration.
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
Bonus Points for:
- Open Source (languages/databases/Linux)
- AWS or Azure experience.
To apply, please use the following link: SIS Entry-Level Software Developer
2019 Baseball Video Scouting Internship
Sports Info Solutions, originally founded as Baseball Info Solutions, is looking for highly motivated
individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry. Video Scouts will have a chance to make an
immediate impression on the company. Each Video Scout will be collecting data that is directly used by SIS
clients (including major league teams) for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video
Scouts become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of amateur and professional players,
but they will also learn the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
Former Video Scouts have risen rapidly through Major League front offices after getting their start watching two
to three games per day at SIS. In the words of one former Video Scout and current Vice President of Baseball
Operations, “My summer at [BIS] was the best baseball experience of my life.” Major League teams frequently
come to us for recommendations when they need to fill a position within their organization, and our top video
scouts each year routinely land team internships and/or full-time jobs.
We take pride in making our internships great development opportunities for those looking to get their start in
baseball. In addition to gaining invaluable experience watching thousands of players across different levels,
we offer introductory classes that cover writing scouting reports and using the database management language,
SQL. We also provide insight and advice from previous SIS Video Scouts who have branched out into a variety of
areas in the sports industry.
- Score and pitch chart MLB, MiLB and amateur games using specialized computer software.
- Check the accuracy and validity of data.
- Prepare and analyze statistical data for delivery to customers.
- Assist with the production of the 2020 Bill James Handbook.
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff.
- SIS offers two unique start dates for this position. The first begins February 4th, 2019. It will last
for a period of four to five months into early June, with the possibility of extending further based on
company workload and the Video Scout’s performance. The second begins on March 6th, 2019. This will
last five to six months into early September, again with a possibility of extending longer.
- A starting hourly rate of $7.75 and/or college course credit will be offered.
- Each Video Scout will also be eligible for regular raises based on performance.
- There will also be opportunities to sign up to work overtime to earn extra income (opportunities will
depend on work levels throughout the year.
To apply, please use the following link: 2019
Baseball Video Scout position.